Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
Water Treatment Systems
Why Indoor Air Quality Is Often a Major Problem
When you hear about air pollution, you usually think about the air outside your home. But studies have shown that the air indoors is often 3 to 4 times poorer. The reason for this is that homes are just built too well today.
The insulation designed to keep out summer heat and trap winter warmth also prevents the exchange of fresh air. The indoor air turns stale, and contaminants from multiple sources start to build up in concentration.
These airborne pollutants include volatile organic compounds (VOCs) such as formaldehyde, dander from pets, smoke, carbon dioxide, chemicals, and more. Low and high humidity also become problems. All this can add up to health complications and a general unpleasant indoors.
Ways We Can Improve Indoor Air Quality
Now we get to the positive part: professionals can do something about indoor air quality problems, whether it requires balancing humidity, removing pollutants from the HVAC system, or filtering air in the ducts. Below are some of the methods we use to boost indoor air quality:
- Air Filtration Systems: This is a familiar, but still effective, way to lower contaminants in the air. We can install the right set of filters and pair them with electronic air purifiers to stop the pollutants that are causing problems for your household.
- Heat and Energy Recovery Ventilators: These installations get to the root of the problem with poor IAQ, which is the lack of fresh air. HRVs and ERVs allow air into a house without forcing extra work on the heating and air conditioning system.
- Dehumidifiers: Humidity is an enemy of comfort in Florida! But you won’t have to worry when you have a whole–house dehumidifier installed. We offer humidifiers as well.
- Air Duct Cleaning: The dust and dirt trapped inside your HVAC system can mean lower air quality. A regular professional cleaning can take care of this.
- Mold Remediation: Here’s another common Florida problem for air quality. Mold remediation needs experts on the job.
We’re Your Air Quality Systems Experts in Naples, FL
If you looked at the list above and thought that you didn’t know where to start, don’t fret. Figuring out what kind of help your home needs from an indoor air quality system is an important part of our job here at Bruno Total Home Performance. When you schedule an indoor air quality service appointment with us in Naples, FL or elsewhere, we’ll put our expertise to work to ensure you end up with the right services and installations. Everyone here is dedicated to seeing you have the best in health and comfort in your house.